About This Program
Domestic and Hotel Services Training Program was set up by Fr. Alex You Memorial School to train young people out of school girls and boys to be highly skilled, morally upright, competent and effective professionals to providing domestic and catering services.
A leading transformatory training unit skilling young people in the domestic and hotel services in the country and preparing them for a dignified, descent, self-sustaining and fulfilled life.
To impart both hard and soft skills including life skills to domestic and hotel workers and to sensitize employers to respect the human dignity and rights of their domestic workers and pay them fairly.
- Equip the unemployed youths with skills they need to be effective domestic or hotel workers, wives, and mothers.
- Promote the rights and dignity of domestic and hotel workers and improve their working conditions.
- Arrange job placements and help domestic and hotel workers negotiate a fair wage and favorable working conditions.
- Instill moral values in trainees to be professional workers of integrity.
- Avail employers in the domestic and hotel service sector with competent employees.
- Fight against exploitation and oppression faced by domestic and hotel workers in Uganda through promoting and protecting their rights.
- Respect for human dignity and rights.
- Mutual Respect
- Happy homes with skilled, competent and ethical domestic workers who are respected and fairly paid by their employers and who care for the home and children lovingly and professionally.
- Public institutions with focused, ethical skilled workers who serve their clients professionally.
- Reduced youth unemployment in rural communities.